"My friends and I went rafting on the Upper Yough this weekend as part of a bachelor party weekend. Let me just say that the entire trip was phenomenal. The weather cooperated, nobody died, the rapids were nuts, and the guides were top-notch."
We are currently booking tours online for 2022!
With the current COVID-19 pandemic we have to modify our normal operations but we still guarantee the best trip possible on the Yough. A few points we would like to highlight to our valued guests:
- We will be practicing all recommendation set forth by the PA DOH and the CDC. For the safety of all of our guests and staff, we ask that if you feel ill to not visit.
- We are mandating facial coverings be worn within our facilities and while being transported in our vehicles. Facial coverings are not to be worn on the river, but we do recommend having a neck sleeve or bandana that can be pulled up while not on the water.
- We ask that while checking in, groups send one person to the counter to take care of check-in procedures and that the rest of the group wait outside.
- We recommend booking in minimum group sizes of 5-6 participants for the Lower Yough. Any groups under 5 participants may be paired with another small group to fill each boat.
- Upper Yough rafts accommodate up to 3 guests plus guide. We recommend booking in multiples of 3 to fill each boat. Any group under 3 participants may be broken up to fit trip format.
- We are not allowed to provide a deli-style lunch on the river. We recommend to eat prior to your trip.
- Fully Guided tours will be on the water approximately 2-3 hours. Guide Escorted tours will be on the water approximately 4 hours.
- We will be working diligently to keep all of our grounds and equipment cleaned and sanitized. We ask that all patrons follow all social distancing guidelines.
- We are running Fully Guided trips at 8:30AM, 10:30AM, and 12:30PM as well as one Guide Escorted trip at 10:30AM. Since the Fully Guided trip at 10:30AM is a mixed format, it may move slower than the 8:30AM and 12:30PM trips. Guides in fully guided rafts on the mixed format trip will be assisting unguided rafts throughout the trip with setting safety, giving hand signals, and gathering up any rafters separated from their rafts.
- Special Fully Guided trips can be arranged at 7:00 AM or 3:00 PM for groups of 10 or more. These are not daily offerings, call us to check on availability.
Please give us a call at 724-329-1450, or reserve a tour online. Let's make this season our best yet!
Ohiopyle Trading Post is committed to maintaining the highest quality self-baling inflatables in Ohiopyle including rafts, duckies, and shredders. Learn more
Learn one of the most amazing outdoor sports on the Yough. With sections ranging from Class I to Class V it offers something for every level of boater. Learn more
Enjoy a day of biking Ohiopyle's scenic trails. We have a variety of the highest quality bikes including mountain bikes, pull carts, kids bikes, and cruisers. Learn more
"Before putting our rafts in the water, the primary instructor gave an entertaining and informative safety speech. Even something mundane like that was interesting & lively. Clearly these river guides know what they're doing!"SARA Y.
"Our guide gave us the best possible experience... I would definitely do this again and would do it with Ohiopyle Trading Company and even ask for the same guide if available."CARRIE S.
BRYN MAWR, PA
"Wow - this was the highlight of our vacation! We did the Lower Yough with a guide in our boat. Another company (when we were shopping around) tried to convince that we did not need a guide but they were so wrong! The guides at (OTP) love their jobs. They made the trip so much fun."MCCOYGANG