"My friends and I went rafting on the Upper Yough this weekend as part of a bachelor party weekend. Let me just say that the entire trip was phenomenal. The weather cooperated, nobody died, the rapids were nuts, and the guides were top-notch."
We are OPEN! It's been a rough start, but we're glad to finally do some rafting and celebrate our 30th season!
With the current COVID-19 pandemic we have to modify our normal operations but we still guarantee the best trip possible on the Yough. A few points we would like to highlight to our valued guests:
- We will be practicing all recommendation set forth by the PA DOH and the CDC. For the safety of all of our guests and staff, we ask that if you feel ill to not visit.
- We are mandating facial coverings be worn within our facilities and while being transported in our vehicles. Facial coverings are not to be worn on the river, but we do recommend having a neck sleeve or bandana that can be pulled up while not on the water.
- We ask that while checking in, groups send one person to the counter to take care of check-in procedures and that the rest of the group wait outside.
- We are limited to group sizes on the water. In order to accommodate smaller trips we are allowed to launch every half hour. What this means: We are still booking tours at 9:30 AM, 11:30 AM and 1:30PM. These are not designated times but our launch windows. We will get folks on the water within an hour of the time they booked.
- Currently all trips are Fully Guided.
- Barring any unforeseen changes, Upper Yough releases will resume on Memorial Day Weekend.
- We recommend booking in minimum group sizes of 4 participants. Typically we can pair smaller groups together to fill a boat but due to current restrictions we will not be combining small groups. Any group sizes smaller than 4 participants will be assessed a $100.00 fee to cover the cost of not filling a boat.
- We are not allowed to provide a deli-style lunch on the river. We recommend to eat prior to your trip.
- Since we are running smaller trips, please plan on being on the water for approximately 2 hours.
- We will be working diligently to keep all of our grounds and equipment cleaned and sanitized. We ask that all patrons follow all social distancing guidelines.
We hope that everyone is doing well in these trying times. If there is anything we can do, please give us a call at 724-329-1450, we would love to hear from you. Even though the times are changing, we're still running strong for 30 years. Let's make this season our best yet!
Ohiopyle Trading Post is committed to maintaining the highest quality self-baling inflatables in Ohiopyle including rafts, duckies, and shredders. Learn more
Learn one of the most amazing outdoor sports on the Yough. With sections ranging from Class I to Class V it offers something for every level of boater. Learn more
Enjoy a day of biking Ohiopyle's scenic trails. We have a variety of the highest quality bikes including mountain bikes, pull carts, kids bikes, and cruisers. Learn more
"Before putting our rafts in the water, the primary instructor gave an entertaining and informative safety speech. Even something mundane like that was interesting & lively. Clearly these river guides know what they're doing!"SARA Y.
"Our guide gave us the best possible experience... I would definitely do this again and would do it with Ohiopyle Trading Company and even ask for the same guide if available."CARRIE S.
BRYN MAWR, PA
"Wow - this was the highlight of our vacation! We did the Lower Yough with a guide in our boat. Another company (when we were shopping around) tried to convince that we did not need a guide but they were so wrong! The guides at (OTP) love their jobs. They made the trip so much fun."MCCOYGANG